Sunday 4 October 2009

New world Record Common Carp 86lb 6oz


German common carp is new world record 86lb 6oz

Well this certainly makes my personal best common of 25lb look a bit sorry to say the least.The venue of the stillwater is secret(wouldn't we all like to know that one!).I've heard also it's not taking any new members and is notoriously a difficult water as a lot of these big carp waters (innevitably pressured) are,by that I mean you can wait months for just a bite.Imagine the patience and dedication involved here,not to mention the blanking and toll on your available free time.Hats of to German angler Nermin Caro who had all of the fore-mentioned to bank the new world record common carp at the weight of 86lb 6oz.

The 33-year-old caught the massive fish, (Mary), from a secret lake in his homeland after taking a few tips from his brother, Emir, who banked the specimen himself in 2007.

“Straight away, I knew it was a huge fish. It shot straight out into the middle of the lake, but with solid pressure I managed to turn it slowly. After about 20 minutes, I got my first glimpse of the fish – it was the venue’s biggest resident, Mary! My knees started to shake and I just kept mumbling ‘please, please go into my landing net’, which she did at the third time of asking – I couldn’t believe it, she was mine!” he said.

Nermin took the giant fish on a snowman hookbait made from a 26mm Dynamite Baits Red Fish boilie, with a matching 15mm pop-up. He presented this on a 35lb Kryston Quicksilver Gold hooklink, a size 4 Korda Wide Gape X hook, and an 113g Fox inline lead.

Nerim’s catch beat the existing world record common by Dieter Markus Stein in February 2009, by 13oz.

1 comment:

Carp Fishing said...

I am so impressed with your great work and you have very good research about carp wishing how do you position our rods? Do you have the tips in the water? Do you set them both up to point straight ahead? Or do you separate them onto individual bank sticks based on the fact you have one swim to the left of them in the margins and one swim straight ahead at the island?